Imagine trying to masturbate when you haven’t lubed up. It will definitely be a rough and bumpy ride; that’s why you need lube. But making the choice of lubricant can be confusing and difficult. This article will help you understand how you can make great choices of water-based lubricant for masturbation.
Water-based lubricant is among the three major types for lube you need to know about . As we are going to guide you on favorite water-based lubricant for masturbation, it will be nice if you really know a little about the major lubricants from which other lubricants are made from.
Three Major Types of Lubes You Should Know
Here are three major types of lubricants that can make one feel relax during the bedroom game. They are very necessary for the enhancement of our sexual pleasure
This lasts longer than every other lubricant. It’s great for water-based sexual activities as it stays put when you apply it. If you want to have some fun in the shower, go for this. However, silicone lubricants can damage your sex toys. So before you use it on Amy of your dolls, check the label.
- Silicone lubricants has no taste or odor
- It lasts longer
- It is compatible with latex condoms
- They are a bit expensive
- They are most times not compatible with sex toy
Oil based lubricants often serve a very specific purpose. Most guys started their sexual journey with oil-based products like Vaseline, Baby oil (amongst others). These types of lubricant are produced from different oils and ingredients. They last longer than water-based and needs not be reapplied nearly as often as water based lubricants.
- They last for a longer time than water
- It needs no constant reapplication
- They are messy and difficult to wash off
- Oil-based lubes stain fabrics and sheets
- They are not suitable for latex condoms
These are the most popular lubricants in the market. Not only are they less expensive, but they also give a natural feeling. Some are blended with glycerin which gives them a sweet taste but can be harmful to the body when there is build up. Others are glycerin-free!
- Water-based lube is not expensive
- They are easy to find
- They leave no stains on fabric
- They are compatible with toys and latex condoms
- They dry out quickly
- They are not as long-lasting as silicone
Factors To Consider In Purchasing Lube
There are a number of factors you should consider when choosing your water-based lubricant.
Sensitivity: Check the ingredients used in producing the lube. If your skin is sensitive to ingredients used in lube then don’t use such lubricants to avoid allergies. This is why it’s advisable to go for water-based lube which is more natural than the other types.
Longevity: While making your choice of lube, you should bear in mind that some lubes need only to be applied once, others need to be reapplied over and over and over again. While silicon-based lube lasts the most, there are water-based lubricants that are long-lasting too.
Compatibility: Before you use lube on your toy or with a condom, check if the lube is compatible with any of them. It is always advisable to go for water-based lube when using them on your toys or condoms as oil and silicone-based lubricants will damage them.
Top 20 Water-Based Lubes For Masturbation
1, Power Glide Water-Based Male Masturbation Lube: As the name goes, this is an awesome lube for masturbation. It is glycerin and paraben-free and works for people with sensitive skin. Power Glide can also serve during sex. It is one of the cheapest lubricant you can get on the market. It’s best for sex and masturbation. It does not get tacky. While it can serve both sexes, it is really great for men. You can out Power Glide’s water-based lubricant for men here.
2. Doc Johnson Titanmen: Due to its water-based nature, this lube can be used for masturbation, sex and other activities including using it on your toys and with a condom. It comes in a huge 240ml bottle ensuring that you don’t run out of lube quickly or gauge how you use it. Comparing price and amount, this is one of the more affordable lubricant you can get. Doc Johnson Titanmen is PETA certified, fragrance- and dye-free to prevent it from leaving stains on your fabrics. However, this lubricant does not come in a smaller size so you have to go for the big one always. Check out other stuff from Doc Johnson here!
3. Pjur Man Waterglide: Just like the other lubes earlier mentioned, Pjur Man Waterglide is a great lube for masturbation. Designed with quality, this lube provides super lubrication and enhances your play under the sheets. What makes the experience more pleasurable is that this lube does not get sticky and is easy to clean up. This lubricant is cool for people with sensitive skin as it is hypoallergenic. On the negative side, Pjur Man Waterglide is only compatible with natural rubber latex condoms only. Slide your way into better sex with one click.
4. Sliquid H2O Original Water-Based Lube: Sliquid H2O Original Water-Based Lubricant is a body-friendly lubricant that can be applied on any part of the body. This lube will be a great addition to your bedroom. It is hypoallergenic, flavorless, non-toxic and odorless. If you have sensitive skin or allergies this lubricant is for you. It has no skin irritation, no weird taste, and no nasty smells.
Sliquid H2O Original Water-Based Lubricant is compatible with all toys. However, it can get runny after use for some time. This lubricant is great for women. Check out this top lubricant designed to serve both men and women’s needs.
5. Fleshlight Fleshlube Water-Based Lubricant: If you want to experience powerful orgasms while masturbating then you need this lube. This powerful lubricant that comes in a discreet bottle is effective and soothing to the skin. It can also be used with sex toys. Fleshlube is budget-friendly and affordable. It does not cause skin irritation and odor-free. What’s more? Its water-based nature makes it easy to wash off.
Here is a lube made for a fun time with your sex toys including the brand’s very popular Fleshlight!
6. Adam & Eve Masturbator Lube: This water-based lubricant is specifically designed to drive you over the edge with erotic pleasure for every stroke. It’s slithery and slimy texture helps give you an awesome experience. Its bottle has a pump cap enabling the user to retrieve the lubricant without much effort. Adam and Eve are safe to use, with no rashes, no irritation. It’s condom compatible and can be cleaned easily. This can also serve for hot, sleazy sex. Here is another top water-based lubricant you can check out for a great time with your partner.
7. Gun Oil H2O: This lube can serve all your solo needs including masturbation, fleshlights, sex toys, and so on. This lube though water-based also has a silicon-based made version. It lasts longer than your average water-based lubricant. It does not get tacky and washes off easily. Gun Oil H2O does not stain your fabrics. This lubricant, however, contains propylene glycol. Get your own Gun Oil H20 here!
8. Lubido 3-pack Water-based Lubricant: With this 3-pack Water-based lube you will never run out of stock. Lubido lasts longer than other water-based lubricants. It does not try out quickly. Lubido 3-pack water-based lubricant can be used for solo play or if you are getting down the sheets with a partner. It’s affordable and is compatible with toys and flashlights. Though it’s paraben-free, Lubido contains glycerin and propylene glycol.
9. LoveHoney Enjoy: This is one of the cheapest water-based lubes for men and women in the market. LoveHoney lasts longer than your regular water-based lube so if you want to go a little longer, go for it. With LoveHoney, your toys and condoms are safe. It is, however, not cool for people with sensitive skin as it contains glycerin and propylene glycol.
10. Nooky Lube: This smooth silky water-based lube gives you that epic glide. The bottle is designed with a pump cap making it easy to take out lubricant during a slippery moment either solo or with a partner. With Nooky lube, a little goes a very long way. This lubricant is not tacky and needs no constant reapplication. Add this lube to your solo play or couple’s play to have an awesome time.
11. Sliquid Sassy Formula: Like other Sliquid designed lube, Sassy Formula is vegan, hypoallergenic and, paraben and glycerin free. This lubricant is very thick giving you that silicon feels and texture. Due to its thick nature, you can go at it for a longer time then your usual water-based lubes. It has no bad smell or odor. You can use it on your toys without fear of damage. Go for this lubricant if you desire that smooth and silky awesome time alone, with your toy or a partner. Get sassy in the sheet with one click!
12. YES Organic Water-based Lube: This is one of the finest water-based lube in the market. Designed from organic aloe vera, YES is nourishing, moisturizing and delivers the ultimate in sexual arousal during your wanking off or shared pleasure. It is colorless, has no odor or taste. Your toys and condoms are safe when it comes to YES organic water-based lube. Its size is discreet and travel-friendly leaving that weekend getaway with your partner hot!
13. Swiss Navy: What better way to intensify your love life than Swiss Navy. This personal lubricant is perfectly formulated to give you a long-lasting silkiness for a smooth sexual ride. It is the closest you can get to your body’s natural lubricant. Swiss Navy provides you with comfort for every sexual activity especially if you are getting down alone. It causes no damage to your toys and condoms. Swiss Navy is less messy and does not get tacky. Its convenient pump bottle makes it easy for you to dispense it at any angle, anytime. What are you waiting for? Push that pump gently, spread the lubricant on your organ and have a memorable pleasurable experience.
14. Surtil Lubricant: Everyone wants the smooth silicone-based like feel of lube, but no one wants to use an actual silicone-based lube. Surtil got you covered always. It provides you with all the silliness that comes with a luxurious, long-lasting glide and utmost sensual pleasure. This water-based lubricant is not sticky or tacky. It does not damage your fabrics with stains.
15. System JO H20 Lubricant: Simple is better always! This quality water-based lubricant is created with a simple uncomplicated formula basically water and plant glycerin. It is designed to be a back-to-basics approach to the body’s naturally produced lubrication. Without any complications, you get to have a great fun time using this lubricant. It’s smooth, silky and long-lasting. Safety goes to your fleshlights and other toys are guaranteed. Get wet and wild here!
16. Wet Original Gel Personal Lubricant: Wet Original Gel personal lubricant is a premium fashion of Wet Original water-based lubes. While the former is great for masturbation, the latter serves better when tangling under the sheets with a partner. This water-based lube is formulated with vitamin E to enrich your skin health. It’s so smooth and gives you an unbelievable amount of slipping and sliding. It can also serve as a massage cream. This lube is the best because it contains a combination of the intense sensations of a usual lube and a long-lasting smoothness of a gel. Get wet and wild with your Wet Original Gel in just one click!
17. Pjur Med Natural Lubricant: This lube is for you if you desire that natural feel of lubrication. Using plant-based glycerin, it is designed to moisturize and lubricate. It gives you a touch of nature. Pjur Med Lube is also great for toys and condoms. You can use it daily without fear of any effects. All your fantasies about your private times become real with this lubricant. It offers you all shades of slipperiness helping you have a memorable experience. Every time you masturbate with this lubricant, it leaves your penis, vagina and your body’s surrounding skin rejuvenated and refreshed. Pjur will get you and your partner’s body purring here!
18. Sliquid Organics Natural H20 Lubricant: If you want to go green or cut down on carbon footprint, this lube is perfect for you. It is 100% organic, contains Vitamin E, green tea, hibiscus extract to give your skin a lift. Sliquid Organic natural H2O makes gliding easy and natural. With this lubricant, you will have powerful orgasms whether using your toy, going solo or with a partner. It is glycerin and paraben-free, leaves no stains and has no nasty smell. Get your’s here and get things nice and slippery!
19. Boy Butter H2O Lube: At first instance, you would not know that this lubricant is water-based until you read the label. Boy Butter has a thick smooth texture that makes it stay in place whenever you apply it. It is not sticky and can even be rubbed on the skin as a moisturizer.
20. Astroglide Personal lube: A consistent fan favorite, this high-quality water-based lubricant is long-lasting and extremely pleasurable. With this lubricant, you are assured of a stress-free and awesome time alone or with a partner. Astroglide personal lubricant is odorless and contains no flavor.
What’s more? You can reactivate the lubricants with one or two drops of water making it last for a longer time without interruption. This product is versatile as it can be used with both a condom and you. This lube, however, can get sticky after use for a long time. Join the Astroglide family here.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does water-based lubricant mean?
Water-based lubes are the most widely used lubricants. They are water-soluble which are recommended for safer sex. They do not weaken condoms and leaves no stains. Water-based personal lubricants absorb into the skin and evaporate, because of this, most water-based lubricants have a tendency to dry out during use. You can reactivate it either by reapplication of the lubricant, application of water or saliva. Any residue left behind can be washed off easily. They are, however, incompatible with water-based sexual acts.
Is using saliva as lubricant bad?
Most people use this especially when they are going down there and it’s a little dry with no lubricants insight. Does saliva really work as lube? No, it does not. It can be irritating to the skin after use. It evaporates easily and dries off easily. Aside from the fact that spit is not smooth or silky, STIs can be transmitted through it. For instance, if your partner has an active herpes lesion, using their spit to make things slick could leave you with genital herpes. Also you or your partner can also get vaginal bacteria.
Can water base lube cause yeast?
Some lubricants, especially the ones that contain glycerin, have sugar in them. This can prompt yeast growth. Also flavored or warming lubricants, which not only may contain sugar, but also irritating chemicals, can cause yeast infection and a build up of bacteria. While silicone-based lubricants lasts longer than others, some women may have problems with it. This is because it is going to cause more of a change in the vaginal environment. It’s always better than to go for water-based lubricants that do not contain glycerin.
Can Vaseline be used as a lubricant?
Though it could be used if no better options are available, Vaseline isn’t an ideal lubricants for sex. The petroleum-based product may actually last longer and not dry out as quickly as water-based lube. However, it can be difficult to clean or wash away after sex. It may take several days for the Vaseline to work its way out of your body entirely. Because the jelly sticks around longer than other lubricants, bacteria might set up an infection stand in your system. Vaseline also weaken condoms and can be very messy.
Always remember that nothing beats using a proper lubricant. Grab a proper and you will never regret doing so.