There is this wrong notion that lubes are used only by women who have reached menopause. Lubes may be used for many reasons including to enhance pleasure and supplement the body’s natural lubrication. Stress, sickness, medications can sometimes affect how wet you can get during sex. If your body fails to produce enough lubrication then artificial lube can serve.
Moreover, for every sexual activity, including penetration (vagina or anal), blowjobs, handjobs, masturbation, and so on, “Wetter is Better” remains the key to a mind-blowing experience. So using Lubes to enhance your already wonderful sexual life or activate your boring non-sensational sex would not be such a bad idea, would it? Certainly not! That is why the demand for sex lubricants increases daily. Even anal lubes. If you the type that likes anal exercises, you will find this post useful as it will guide on the best anal lube you can get out there.
You can check Things You Should Never Use As Lube to brief you to what anal lube is all about.
What Is Anal Lube?
Anal Lube is a specially designed lubricant for anal sex. The formulas are created to be more durable, long-lasting and slippery than the average lube. Some may include a muscle relaxant or mild numbing agent to reduce pain. While Lube is great for vaginal sex, it is best for anal sex. Unlike the vagina, the rectum has no natural lubrication and would need lube if you plan to go through the backdoor.
What Are The Types of Lube We Have?
Lubes can come in three forms: water-based lube, oil based lube and silicone-based lube.
This is generally referred to as the all-purpose lube because they are compatible with toys and condoms. Water-based lubes are similar to the body’s natural lubrication.
- They wash off easily.
- They are safe to use with condoms and toys.
- Water-based Lubes does not stain fabrics.
- They are easily absorbed into the body.
- Some get sticky and tacky.
- They require reapplication or reactivation.
They are made from different oils and ingredients. It’s the commonest.
- They are long-lasting.
- They can be used for underwater sexual activities.
- They leave stains.
- They take a longer time to wash off.
- They can cause breakage to condoms.
Silicone Based Lube
Due to their long-lasting effect, they are sometimes regarded as the best lube for sexual activities. They are great for shower sex and are perfect for anal sex.
- They last long.
- They have a strong gliding effect.
- They do not wash off easily.
- Sometimes Silicone-based lubes leave stains.
- They are not compatible with all toys and condoms especially Silicone made.
Why Should You Choose Silicone-Based Anal Lubes for Anal Sex?
1. Longevity: Amongst the three types of lubes, silicone-based lubes last the most. Their gliding effect is top-notch. Add plenty of it on the anus and massage slowly before sliding in your penis your toy. The pleasures will be mind-blowing.
2. Consistency: With a silicone-based lube you can go hours riding without applying the brakes to reactivate or reapply the lube. Unlike water-based lubes, it does not dry off. You can even use silicone-based Lubes for underwater sexual activities without worries.
The anus needs a little help as it does not self-lubricate. If you want to have that desired pain-free anal sex, you will need not just lube but one that will give you mind-blowing orgasms. Silicone-based Lubes remains the most ideal lube for anal. To help you achieve this, we have compiled a list of the top 20 favorite Silicone-based Lubes you can use while going through the backdoor.
1. SuperSlyde Premium Silicone Lubricant: This award-winning lube is designed with high-grade pharmaceutical ingredients. Its versatile nature makes it a great lube for massage, vaginal and anal sex. It is glycerin and paraben-free. SuperSlyde is great for water plays.
- It’s super smooth and slippery.
- It’s ultra long-lasting
- Water and soap are all you need to clean it.
- SuperSlyde is super sensual.
- It is not compatible with silicone made toys and condoms.
2. Pjur Analyze Me Silicone Lubricant: If you want to have a more relaxing anal sex, then this lube has your name written on it. Made with natural Jojoba oil, Pjur Analyse Me Silicone lube soothes and moisturizes the skin. It relaxes the muscles and allows a free gliding in and out without much friction.
- Gives optimal performance as it is designed especially for anal sex.
- It gives you long-lasting lubrication.
- Not all condoms and toys are safe with them.
3.Uranus Silicone Lube: Is there anything this lube cannot do? It can serve as a massage lotion, defrizzes for hair, shaving creme, more importantly, an anal lube. It’s high grade, body-safe, sticky and smooth. For vaginal sex, all you need is just little drops because the vagina produces its own lubricant. For anal sex, however, you have to add much to prevent friction.
- It has unbelievable lasting power.
- It doesn’t dry off during use.
- A little soap and water can wash it off.
- It damages Silicon toys and condoms.
4. Turn On Anal Personal Lubricant: This premium Silicone Lube offers you total comfort when you want to try new things like drilling your partner from behind. This lube intensifies your intimate moments. With this lube, you need not be scared of hurting yourself or your partner while bringing your fantasies to life. A little dab is all you need to start that journey to Fantasy Island.
- It is waterproof.
- It is smooth and long-lasting.
- Turn On Anal never gets sticky.
- A wet cloth is all you need to clean up after using this lube.
- It is paraben-free and hypoallergenic for sensitive skin.
- It is flavor, odor, and color free.
- It is not compatible with Silicon made toys and condoms.
5. Pjur Backdoor Relaxing Anal Glide: This lube is specifically designed for intensive anal sex. Like the Analyse Me Silicone Lube by the same producers, this lube contains Jojoba oil which relaxes the anal muscle and heightens intimacy. What’s more? Here is a lube you can trust completely. You need not be scared of what you apply to your body as it is totally safe. For ultimate pleasure, you can use it with Pjur Backdoor Comfort Anal Spray.
- It has extra-long lasting lubrication.
- It is lidocaine and Benzocaine free.
- It is great for water-based sexual activities.
- Like other Silicone-based lubes, it damages silicone made toys and condoms.
6. Astroglide Diamond Silicone Gel: With a combination of high-quality Silicone and refined coconut oil, Astroglide Diamond Gel gives you a no-messy, no-drip and a smooth feeling. It performs the dual function of moisturizing and lubricating the body to enhance the comfort of intimate activity.
- It is preservatives and hormone-free.
- It’s non-irritating.
- It is compatible with latex, polyisoprene and polyurethane condoms.
- Silicon condom is a no-no for this lube.
7.Swiss Navy Premium Silicone Sex Lubricant: Though it is used by medical personnel for gynecological and hospital procedures where necessary, this lube also is used to enhance vaginal and anal penetration and other sexual activities. It moisturizes and lubricates to enhance comfort during sexual activities.
- It’s travel-friendly.
- It is compatible with natural rubber latex and polyisoprene condom.
- It is very easy to clean up.
- Swiss Navy is Ph-balanced and scent-free.
- It causes damages to Silicone toys.
8.Penchant Premium – Silicone Based: Hey! All your neighbors know about this lube except you. Which other Lubes gives you a 30 Days “best lube ever guarantee” usage? None. The lube is designed with the finest ingredients which make it perfect for sensitive skins. Penchant Premium is odorless, easy to clean up and does not stain fabrics.
- It’s extremely long-lasting.
- Glycerin and Paraben free.
- It never gets sticky nor drys out.
- Silicone, of course, does not go with silicone so no silicone toys or condoms.
9. Gun Oil Silicone Based Lube: You should learn to never waste your money on inferior lubes. Guess the best thing about this lube? Gun Oil is the smoothest and slickest silicon-based lube ever. It lasts forever! If you are trying a bigger toy or penis for the first time, you should use this lube. What’s more? It’s great for anal sex. Whether you want to go solo or with a partner, Gun Oil got you. Though designed for men, it can serve for women too. Check out other Top Lubes for Men you might like.
- It is durable and long-lasting.
- It repels water.
- Gun Oil contains Vitamin E and Aloe Vera to reduce friction.
- It contains no glycerin or paraben.
- If you care about your Silicone toys and condoms, don’t use this lube on them.
10.Intimate Earth Ease Silicone Relaxing Glide: Nothing beats the feeling of relaxation you get when you are enjoying pain-free anal sex. With Intimate Earth Ease Lube, designed with Bisabolol from Chamomile plant, you are assured of a relaxing moment while going through the backdoor. Bisabolol extracts have for hundreds of years been used for skin treatment.
- It has no fragrance or taste
- It makes penetration less painful.
- Bisabolol which is the major ingredient contains anti-inflammatory, anti-irritant, and anti-microbial properties.
11.Uberlube: No need to reapply this lube when in use. All you need is a little drop and you are good to go. The packaging of the lube is discreet and easy to carry during traveling. Uberlube moisturizes the skin and can serve as a massage lotion.
- It’s long-lasting.
- It can serve for other purposes.
- It leaves the skin nourished and never gets sticky.
- It’s messy and can leave stains on fabrics.
12.Wet Platinum Lube: Sex is a team game. It’s not an “I won” game but a “We won”. The pleasure of your partner is your concern too especially during anal sex. That is why you need this lube. Made of pure silky silicone-based ingredients, this multipurpose lube serves both men, women, and couples. This smooth premium lube can serve as body lotion and may also be used to give a sensual full body massage. A small quantity is all you need to kick-start the engine and ride on.
- It is paraben-free and causes no irritation.
- It is smooth and slippery.
- Wet Platinum lube lasts long and does not dry off.
- It can be a little messy
- It requires more than a simple clean up with water.
- Silicone products should not be used with this lube.
- It is not water-soluble.
13. Sliquid Natural Silver Lubricant: If you need a lubricant that lasts for a really long time without reapplication, look no further. Sliquid Natural Silver got you covered. Designed from a concentrated high-grade Silicone formula, Silver Lube is glycerin and paraben-free. A few drops of this amazing lube can take you for hours. While it works wonders for anal sex, this lube is great for women who want to go solo or with a partner. Here are the others. top lubes for women
- It is 100% waterproof and vegan-friendly.
- Silver lasts forever.
- It is non-toxic and can be used for a massage session.
- It stains fabrics.
14. Pjur Original Super Concentrated Silicone Lubricant: This lube speaks safety. Unlike water-based lubes, your body does not absorb this. It stays where ever you put it. Due to this effect, Pjur Original delivers a never sticky, super slick long-lasting experience. It can serve as a massage gel. This quality premium lube contains no preservatives and meets the US health authority standards.
- It’s super long-lasting.
- Great for skin.
- It is not messy.
- Like others, this lube does not go well with silicone-based lube.
15. Shibari Tuxedo Silicone: Specially made with high-grade silicone for easy gliding, Shibari Tuxedo Silicone is glycerin, paraben, and fragrance-free. This lube is so wonderful because it leaves you with smooth and silky skin. Shibari lubes complement the body natural lube where necessary and make things smoother with anal sex.
- It has no fragrance.
- It is long-lasting.
- Shibari enhances the pleasures of intimate moments.
- It can be difficult to clean up.
16. Valm Silicone: Anal sex has never been more pleasurable! Valm highly concentrated Silicone lube reduces friction and drying while maintaining the sensation giving you the ultimate experience. Manufactured in the US, this lube maintains the standard of the US health authorities.
- It is unflavoured, non-irritating and fragrance-free.
- Valm can be used in the shower.
- It is odor-free.
- It may leave stains.
17. ID Millennium Premium Silicone lube: Designed from the highest Pharmaceutical grade silicone, ID Millennium is great for couples who wish to spice things up in the other room. This best selling lube is ultra long-lasting. With ID Millennium, a little goes a long way. Add this to your cart while shopping and you won’t regret it.
- It is not water-soluble.
- ID millennium never gets sticky nor drys off.
- It can be used for body massages.
- It gets messy after continuous use.
18. Healthy Vibes Silicone Based Lube: This skin sensitive lube for men, women, and couples guarantees you a friction-free fun time. It is paraben and glycerin free. While Health Vibes Silicone lube can serve other sexual purposes, it’s really awesome for anal sex. What’s more? It can be used for non-sexual purposes including fix squeaky doors, massage lotion, amongst others.
- It’s long-lasting and does not dry out.
- Great for water-based sexual activities.
- It never gets sticky or tacky.
- It is not compatible with silicone toys and condoms.
19. Sportlube Silicone-Based Personal Lubricant: Have you ever seen a lube that lasts more than gel or jelly? Sportlube Silicone is that one lube. It gives you unlimited pleasure and brings your fantasies to life. Produced from a pure base silicone formula, this lube affords you a long-lasting pleasure and intimacy. It can be applied to all parts of the body as it is hypoallergenic.
- It is compatible with latex products.
- Sportlube contains no fragrance.
- It requires more than water to clean up.
20. EROS BodyGlide Silicone-based Lube: Designed with the right formula to make a difference in lubes, Eros is a silicone-based lubricant that gives a natural feel. It is the perfect anal Lube as it reduces friction and dryness. Good for the skin, Eros is hypoallergenic and non-irritating. It enhances the sexual experience and gives you powerful orgasms.
- It’s super slick and does not stick.
- You can use it with latex condoms without fear of pains.
- It’s smooth.
- Do not use it with a silicone toy.
Frequently Asked Questions
What can I use lube for?
Lubes can serve for many purposes including Fingering, massage, blowjobs, handjobs, masturbation, and penetration. It makes every sexual activity enjoyable. Imagine fingering your partner with clumpy fingers, or gliding your fingers along your penis dry! Imagine penetrating a not-so-wet vagina or a dry anus. The sex won’t be enjoyable of course. This is why you need lube. You can use lube for all the sexual activities listed above. Lube supports natural body lubricants and enhances sexual pleasure.
Is it harmful to use lube during anal sex?
It is really great for anal sex. Without lube, anal sex will be painful. This may lead to dry, painful, and bitter sex. There could be tears in the anus that opens the body for infection. However, go for lubes your skin accepts. If you notice irritation or rashes while using a lube, don’t wave it aside. Discontinue use immediately and check out other products.